Friday, May 29, 2009
Big Ten lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
You know ... there's like a butt-load of gangs at this school. This one gang kept wanting me to join because I'm pretty good with a bo-staff.
- Minnesota head coach Tim Brewster agrees with Penn State's Joe Paterno that the Big Ten needs to expand with an Eastern team, preferably Rutgers, Steve Politi writes in the Star-Ledger.
"I am definitely for the addition of another team, and it would be great to bring in a team from the Eastern market," Brewster said. "I certainly believe Rutgers is a tremendous candidate, one that obviously makes sense."
- Illinois defensive lineman Reggie Ellis, a heralded 2008 recruit, is transferring from the program, Bob Asmussen writes in The (Champaign) News-Gazette.
- Paterno thinks Penn State needs to develop a few more offensive linemen and defensive backs to mount a serious national title run in 2009, Bob Flounders writes in The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News.
- How would LeBron James have looked in Scarlet and Gray? Ohio State head coach Jim Tressel can only wonder, Bob Hunter writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- Wisconsin joins Ohio State and Michigan as the latest Big Ten school to stop printing media guides, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's Jeff Potrykus writes in his blog.
- Murray Warmath will serve as Minnesota's honorary coach alongside five honorary captains when the team opens TCF Bank Stadium on Sept. 12, Marcus Fuller writes in the St. Paul Pioneer Press.