Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Big Ten lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
Let's take a spin around the Big Ten.
- Ohio State's home showdown against USC and its road trip to Penn State make colleague Bruce Feldman's list of must-see games this season.
- Minnesota is offering rebates to premium seat owners in the new TCF Bank Stadium after the recent decision to prohibit alcohol sales throughout the facility, the Star Tribune reports.
- Michigan offensive lineman Mark Ortmann is learning from the best, Mark Snyder writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Purdue has no major health issues and is seeing good turnout at summer workouts, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier.
- No surprise here as quarterback Juice Williams is considered the team's most important player, The (Champaign) News-Gazette's Bob Asmussen writes.
- Penn State quarterback recruit Paul Jones might miss his senior season of high school following ankle surgery, Mike White writes in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- Former Ohio State assistant Dennis Fryzel died after a battle with cancer, Tim May writes in The Columbus Dispatch.