Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Big Ten lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
Given our theme this week, I've got quite a spread for you today. Get it? Get it? I'll be here all night.
- Michigan has both depth and variety at running back this fall, Mark Snyder writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Wisconsin's recruiting efforts in Texas haven't paid off, Jim Polzin writes in The Capital Times.
- Iowa athletic director Gary Barta was concerned about the football team's off-field problems two years ago but finds no fault with coach Kirk Ferentz's approach to discipline, Marc Morehouse writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette.
- Penn State's soft schedule will send the Nittany Lions back to Pasadena, The Sporting News' Dave Curtis writes.
- Indiana's recruiting rampage continues with two more commitments, bringing the team's total to a whopping 13, Hugh Kellenberger writes in The Hoosier Scoop blog.
- Not surprisingly, running backs Larry Caper and Edwin Baker top the list of Michigan State freshmen who should contribute this season, the Lansing State Journal's Joe Rexrode writes in his blog.
- Missouri linebacker Sean Weatherspoon calls out Illinois' Juice Williams on his Twitter page, colleague Tim Griffin reports. Can't wait for Sept. 5 in Da Lou.
- Tickets for Ohio State's game against Toledo in Cleveland are available to the public on Monday, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer.