Monday, February 28, 2011
Big Ten lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
Most of today's links are combine related, so I've split things into two categories.
BIG TEN COMBINE LINKS
- Iowa's Christian Ballard boasts valuable versatility as he eyes the next level, Marc Morehouse writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette. Hawkeyes quarterback Ricky Stanzi is working with Tom Brady's passing guru, Ian Rapoport writes in the Boston Herald.
- Wisconsin tackle Gabe Carimi reflects on a good NFL combine experience. Badgers defensive lineman J.J. Watt could be a good fit for the Detroit Lions, Dave Birkett writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- The Patriots scout Purdue's Ryan Kerrigan and other pass-rushers at the combine, ESPNBoston.com's Mike Reiss writes. More on Kerrigan's NFL preparation from the Indianapolis Star's Mike Chappell.
- Illinois' Mikel Leshoure thinks he can be the first running back selected in April, ESPNChicago.com's Michael C. Wright writes. Leshoure's Illini teammate Martez Wilson, meanwhile, must answer his doubters in Indy, Wright writes.
- Penn State's Stefen Wisniewski could follow in his father's footsteps to Baltimore in the draft, Jamison Hensley writes in The Baltimore Sun.
- Adrian Clayborn's right arm is getting a close look at the combine, Morehouse writes.
- A surgically repaired wrist limited Ohio State's Chimdi Chekwa at the combine, Ken Gordon writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- Michigan State linebacker Greg Jones has no regrets about returning to school, MLive.com's Tom Kowalski writes. Spartans coach Mark Dantonio discusses the team's four combine invitees.
- Nebraska cornerback Prince Amukamara takes a lighthearted approach to the combine, Chris Nelsen writes in the Omaha World-Herald.
- In case you missed it, some combine notes from the Scouts Inc. crew.