Friday, April 8, 2011
Big Ten lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
Three Big Ten teams, four days, three states. Bringin' it this week.
- More on Arthur Ray Jr.'s return to practice and other Michigan State spring bits from the Lansing State Journal's Joe Rexrode. The Spartans are expanding their recruiting base, Matt Dorsey writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Penn State receiver Derek Moye will miss the rest of spring ball following a concussion, Matt Fortuna writes in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
- Purdue wanted to wait until Saturday to reveal the new Purdue Pete, but pictures of the mascot accidentally were posted online. Keep an eye on the Boilers' defensive ends Saturday as the Boilers look to replace Ryan Kerrigan, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier.
- More on the Gold Pants/"Pawn Stars" situation and other Ohio State nuggets from The Columbus Dispatch's Bob Hunter.
- A low-key practice gets a little chippy at Wisconsin thanks to a hit by safety Aaron Henry, Tom Mulhern writes in the Wisconsin State Journal. After thinking it over, Wisconsin tackle Gabe Carimi will stay home for the NFL draft.
- Nebraska's move to the Big Ten suits linebacker Will Compton, Rich Kaipust writes in the Omaha World-Herald. Kickoff time and TV have been finalized for the Huskers' trip to Wyoming.
- Roy Roundtree and Michigan's other receivers are catching on to the new offense, Mark Snyder writes in the Detroit Free Press. Former teammates of the late Michigan safety Vada Murray reflect on Murray's life, Michael Rosenberg writes in the Free Press. Michigan AD Dave Brandon also weighs in on Murray's passing.
- Indiana coach Kevin Wilson will only use the tight ends if they're good enough, Dustin Dopirak writes in The (Bloomington) Herald-Times (subscription required).
- Iowa's first commit for 2012 is a legacy, Randy Peterson writes in the Des Moines Register.
- The Iowa-Nebraska games in 2013 and 2014 are scheduled for Saturday but could be moved to Friday, Scott Dochterman writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette.
- Plenty of Minnesota spring tidbits from the Star Tribune's Phil Miller. The Gophers need a No. 2 receiver to emerge alongside Da'Jon McKnight, Marcus Fuller writes in the (St. Paul) Pioneer Press.
- Northwestern fans should get to know the name Ibraheim Campbell, Skip Myslenski writes.
- Illinois is looking for answers at linebacker this spring, GateHouse News Service's John Supinie writes. Illini sophomore Evan Wilson is used to practicing in the spring, Bob Asmussen writes in The (Champaign) News-Gazette.