Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Big Ten lunch links
Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
Find the missing link.
- In case you missed it, ESPN.com's bowl projections.
- Injured Minnesota defensive end Derek Onwuachi doesn't need surgery on his knee, and the team hopes he can return before Sept. 5, the Star Tribune's Kent Youngblood writes in his blog.
- Michigan athletic director Bill Martin will review the recruiting process for football in the wake of the problems involving former player Justin Feagin, Mark Snyder writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Forget the quarterback competition. Michigan State's offense won't do anything without solid line play, Joe Rexrode writes in the Lansing State Journal. As for those QBs, head coach Mark Dantonio likes the competition, though history isn't on the Spartans' side, Eric Lacy writes in The Detroit News.
- Without Kellen Lewis, Indiana sophomore wideouts Damarlo Belcher and Tandon Doss are stepping into featured roles this fall, Ryan Gregg writes in The (Bloomington) Herald-Times.
- Purdue's Royce Adams is adjusting to wide receiver after moving over from cornerback, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier.
- A disappointing 2008 season still stings Wisconsin players and coaches, Tom Oates writes in the Wisconsin State Journal.
- It looks like Brian Rolle, not Austin Spitler, will be Ohio State's top middle linebacker this fall, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer.