Thursday, April 28, 2011
B1G lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
It's draft night! Should be a big one for the Big Ten.
- Urban Meyer says the Big Ten and SEC aren't too far part, Sam McKewon writes in the Omaha World-Herald. The Big Ten might be lacking in top 10 draft picks, but NFL teams still look to the league for smash-mouth players, annarbor.com's Pete Bigelow writes.
- Kristi Dosh has an interesting look at student fees and student ticket prices in the Big Ten.
- Ricky Stanzi is poised to end Iowa's long draft drought with quarterbacks, Andy Hamilton writes in the Iowa City Press-Citizen. Which Hawkeye will follow Adrian Clayborn and Christian Ballard in this year's draft?
- Rivals.com's Tom Dienhart writes about Michigan State offensive lineman Arthur Ray's courageous comeback from cancer. Cornerback Johnny Adams and cornerback/receiver Tony Lippett highlight Michigan State's spring game draft, George Sipple writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Ohio State receiver Dane Sanzenbacher plays the draft waiting game, Matt Markey writes in The Toledo Blade. Ohio State shares a kinship with future league rival Nebraska, Rob Oller writes in The Columbus Dispatch. Jim Tressel needs to go, Dienhart writes.
- A post-spring snapshot of Northwestern from The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette's Marc Morehouse.
- Former Nebraska star Barrett Ruud says Bo knows, Steven M. Sipple writes in the Lincoln Journal Star. The Huskers' 2007 recruiting class might have a bigger draft impact than the heralded 2005 crop, Rich Kaipust writes in the Omaha World-Herald.
- Illinois linebacker Martez Wilson tells colleague Scott Powers he's "confident" about a first-round draft selection. The Zooker will show off his arm at Wrigley Field next month.
- The Brady Hoke love continues, this time from Charles Woodson, Angelique Chengelis writes in The Detroit News. Lloyd Carr nearly joined Michigan State's staff twice, Joe Rexrode writes in the Lansing State Journal.
- A look at all of Wisconsin's NFL draft prospects, Jim Polzin writes in The Capital Times. Former Badger Eric Vanden Heuvel takes the long road to the NFL, Mike Lucas writes.
- Indiana assistant Rod Smith says his quarterbacks want to win, Pete DiPrimio writes in The Fort Wayne News-Sentinel.
- The wait should end tonight for Purdue defensive end Ryan Kerrigan, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier.
- Penn State players gear up for the NFL draft, Jake Kaplan writes in The Daily Collegian.