Friday, April 29, 2011
B1G lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
It feels a bit drafty in here.
- Wisconsin produces two first-round draft picks for the first time since 2000, Tom Mulhern writes in the Wisconsin State Journal. Read what J.J. Watt had to say about being drafted, while ESPNChicago.com's Michael C. Wright writes it's time for Gabe Carimi to back up his big talk.
- The Redskins made a wise choice by drafting Purdue's Ryan Kerrigan, colleague Jeffri Chadiha writes. Kerrigan will "never forget that moment" when the Redskins called him, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier.
- Illinois' Corey Liuget talks about his new home on the West Coast, ESPNChicago.com's Scott Powers writes. Colleague Bill Williamson likes the value Liuget brings to the Chargers.
- The Giants had an easy choice to select Nebraska's Prince Amukamara, Rich Kaipust writes in the Omaha World-Herald. Colleague Todd McShay breaks down the Nebraska star.
- Ohio State's Cameron Heyward is headed back to the town where he was born.
- Adrian Clayborn had a "close-but-no-cigar reel" as a senior at Iowa, but Tampa Bay still liked what it saw on tape, Andy Hamilton writes in the Iowa City Press-Citizen. Colleague Pat Yasinskas writes the Bucs made a safe choice with Clayborn.
- Michigan State linebacker Max Bullough prepares to handle adversity, Matt Charboneau writes in The Detroit News. Spartans cornerback Johnny Adams has stood out this spring, Shawn Windsor writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Penn State fans will like this T-shirt; Ohio State fans not so much. Nittany Lions offensive lineman Stefen Wisniewski could hear his name called tonight, Bob Flounders writes in The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News.
- Ohio State should punish coach Jim Tressel by not firing him, William C. Rhoden writes in The New York Times. Some Ohio State football thoughts from The Columbus Dispatch's Bob Hunter.
- Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany weighs in on the turbulent times in college football, SI.com's Stewart Mandel writes.
- Missed this from earlier this week, but Michigan will expand its student section by 1,000 seats.
- A good breakdown of Minnesota's running backs from Fringe Bowl Team. Top offensive line prospect Jonah Pirsig is considering the Gophers, Marcus Fuller writes in the (St. Paul) Pioneer Press.
- Two Indiana players wait to learn their draft fate, Dustin Dopirak writes in The (Bloomington) Herald-Times (subscription required).
- Same goes for two Northwestern players, Jonah Rosenblum writes in The Daily Northwestern.