Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Big Ten lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
Hope you're enjoying Big Ten spring wrap-up day on the blog.
Don't forget: Big Ten chat today at 2 p.m. ET. See you there.
- Nebraska's arrival and divisional play makes the Big Ten up for grabs in 2011, Tom Mulhern writes in the Wisconsin State Journal. The Big Ten Network analysts pick the division winners.
- Ohio State receiver Dane Sanzenbacher sees a symmetry to his draft snub, Ken Gordon writes in The Columbus Dispatch. Take a look at the signed compliance form that could doom Buckeyes coach Jim Tressel.
- Michigan State DT Jerel Worthy is soaring up the 2012 draft boards, Joe Rexrode writes in the Lansing State Journal. A spring snapshot of Michigan State from The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette's Scott Dochterman. The Spartans' Tony Lippett is among colleague Bruce Feldman's spring standouts (Insider).
- Beating Notre Dame and Ohio State is personal for Michigan recruit Joe Bolden, Kyle Warber writes.
- The pistol formation could play a key role in Nebraska's offensive structure this fall, Sam McKewon writes in the Omaha World-Herald. A look at Nebraska's first 2011 opponent: Tennessee-Chattanooga.
- Penn State QBs coach Jay Paterno has an idea of who will start, but he isn't telling, Jerry DiPaola writes in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. Lions players weigh in on the death of Osama bin Laden, Jeff Rice writes in the Centre Daily Times.
- More on Wisconsin's recent commitment from quarterback Bart Houston, Jeff Potrykus writes in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Check out Illinois DT Corey Liuget's draft journey to San Diego.
- Iowa's undrafted players continue the waiting game, Andy Hamilton writes in the Iowa City Press-Citizen. Derrell Johnson-Koulianos' former roommate reaches a plea deal.
- A cool video about Minnesota walk-on defensive back Chase Haviland.