Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Big Ten lunch links
You’re not Tugboat! You’ll never be Tugboat!
- CBSSports.com's Dennis Dodd releases his post-spring top 25, which includes four consecutive Big Ten teams starting with No. 9 Ohio State.
- Pre-Snap Read's Paul Myerberg has a good take on Pat Fitzgerald's new contract at Northwestern. Fitzgerald and Northwestern make a perfect match, Tina Akouris writes in the Chicago Sun-Times.
- Offensive lineman Brian Gaia talks about committing to Penn State, Matt Bracken writes in the Baltimore Sun.
- Wisconsin football's recent partnership with the university's nursing school pays off in a big way, Tom Mulhern writes in the Wisconsin State Journal.
- The Dallas Cowboys are among the candidates vying to supply Ohio State's licensed apparel, Marla Matzer Rose writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- Longtime Michigan assistant Fred Jackson has played a big role in the team's recent in-state recruiting success, Josh Helmholdt writes in the Detroit Free Press. Wolverines receiver Darryl Stonum is expected to be arraigned Friday, annarbor.com's Lee Higgins writes.
- A Division II kicker is transferring to Nebraska, Sam McKewon writes in the Omaha World-Herald.
- Iowa once again could be in the mix for quarterback Tyler Gabbert, Pat Harty writes in the Iowa City Press-Citizen. Iowa's Insight Bowl profit might be a bit deceiving, Mike Hlas writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette.
- Michigan State's 2012 recruiting class grows to four members.
- Indiana comes in at No. 98 in the Orlando Sentinel's preseason FBS countdown.