Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Big Ten lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
- In case you've missed any of it, check out ESPN.com's coverage of the Big Ten spring meetings.
- More spring meetings coverage from The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette's Scott Dochterman, the Omaha World-Herald's Lee Barfknecht, the Chicago Tribune's Teddy Greenstein, the Sporting News' Dave Curtis and the Lansing State Journal's Joe Rexrode.
- Ohio State coach Jim Tressel speaks -- but only to intrepid reporter Doug Lesmerises for two minutes in a hotel elevator. Tressel's lawyer for his Committee on Infractions hearing has much more to say, Ken Gordon writes in The Columbus Dispatch. Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany acknowledges the negative attention generated by the Ohio State situation, annarbor.com's Michael Rothstein writes.
- Brandon Ware's academic issues have eventually led the Penn State DT to transfer, Bob Flounders writes in The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News. The Penn State-Pitt rivalry belongs to the past, Steve Heiser writes in The York Dispatch.
- New Hall of Famer Lloyd Carr says the NCAA must crack down on rules enforcement.
- Adam Robinson's mother says the Iowa running back will transfer, Randy Peterson writes in the Des Moines Register.
- Plenty of links on the Ron Guenther era at Illinois from The (Champaign) News-Gazette.
- Nebraska goes 1-1 in Hall of Fame selections, Brian Christopherson writes in the Lincoln Journal Star.
- Former Michigan State receiver Gene Washington heads to the Hall. Spartans coach Mark Dantonio weighs in on several topics, Mark Snyder writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- More on this year's Hall of Fame class from colleague Ivan Maisel.
- Zach Brown's decision to transfer from Wisconsin comes as a bit of a surprise, Jeff Potrykus writes in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.