Thursday, September 15, 2011
Big Ten lunch links
By Adam Rittenberg
You're in Paris, got the best food in the world, and you're eating a chalupa?
- Michigan State defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi speculates about whether Notre Dame tried to steal signals last year, Joe Rexrode writes in the Lansing State Journal. The Spartans should be insulted by being underdogs against Notre Dame, Jamie Samuelsen writes. Michigan coach Brady Hoke will root for the Spartans on Saturday.
- Illinois plucked LB Houston Bates from Bayou Country, Shannon Ryan writes in the Chicago Tribune. Illini players are ready for prime time.
- Nebraska's defense tries to rebound against Washington and RB Chris Polk. Huskers CB Alfonzo Dennard (leg) still hasn't returned to practice.
- Ohio State's offense will make do despite being shorthanded, Bill Rabinowitz writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- Minnesota coach Jerry Kill isn't out of the hospital but still likely will coach Saturday. Former Gophers coach Glen Mason returns to the on-campus stadium he wanted, but as a broadcaster, Marcus Fuller writes in the (St. Paul) Pioneer Press.
- Former Michigan star Mike Hart admits Saturday will be "weird" at the Big House. Michigan LB Kenny Demens is in trouble for not paying rent.
- Iowa LB Christian Kirksey makes a rapid rise, Marc Morehouse writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette.
- More bad news on the injury front for Indiana.
- Northwestern freshman center Brandon Vitabile has answered the challenge, Tina Akouris writes in the Chicago Sun-Times. The Wildcats should have strong fan support at Army, thanks to Sailgate.
- Don't be silly and count out Joe Paterno, Loren Tate writes in The (Champaign) News-Gazette. Some love for Penn State DT Devon Still here and here. Penn State is on upset alert against Temple, Steve Heiser writes in The York Dispatch.
- Purdue has problems, but QB Caleb TerBush isn't one of them, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier.
- Wisconsin punter Brad Nortman doesn't mind his decreased workload, Tom Mulhern writes in the Wisconsin State Journal.