Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Big Ten lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
It's Big Ten teleconference day, so be sure to follow my updates on Twitter. While I chat with well-paid gym teachers, check out these links.
- Ohio State needs to improve its red zone efficiency, Tim May writes in The Columbus Dispatch. Buckeyes quarterback Terrelle Pryor reminds USC coach Pete Carroll of VY10, Michael Lev writes in the Orange County Register. Ohio State beat writers Tim May and Ken Gordon debate Pryor's tribute to Michael Vick and the ups and downs of Ohio State's offensive line.
- Michigan cornerback Donovan Warren has a past with Notre Dame quarterback Jimmy Clausen, Mark Snyder writes in the Detroit Free Press. The Wolverines will employ more or less the same plan with their quarterbacks against the Irish, Angelique Chengelis writes in The Detroit News. Annarbor.com's Dave Birkett has Michigan's injury report.
- Former Minnesota players are extremely pleased with TCF Bank Stadium, Kent Youngblood writes in the Star Tribune.
- Navorro Bowman's groin injury could be a lingering issue for the Penn State star linebacker, The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News' Bob Flounders writes in his blog.
- After his huge performance in Purdue's opener, running back Ralph Bolden checks in with Sporting News' Dave Curtis.
- Redshirt freshman running back Adam Robinson pulls ahead of Paki O'Meara on Iowa's latest depth chart, Andrew Logue writes in the Des Moines Register.
- Northwestern head coach Pat Fitzgerald wants to see more passion from his players, even when the game is out of reach, Teddy Greenstein writes in the Chicago Tribune.
- Offensive line play could be a concern for Michigan State, Eric Lacy writes in The Detroit News.