Friday, September 11, 2009
Indiana injury report: Willis to sit out
By ESPN.com staff
Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
Indiana released its injury report for Saturday's home game against Western Michigan.
- Tackle Alex Perry (ACL)
- Defensive end Kyle Kozak (shoulder)
- Defensive end Fred Jones (foot)
- Running back Zach Davis-Walker (shoulder)
- Running back Darius Willis (ankle)
- Cornerback Aaron Burks (ankle)
- Kicker Nick Ford (hamstring)
- Cornerback Donnell Jones (hamstring)
- Guard Justin Pagan (ankle)
The big news here is Willis' injury, which adds more uncertainty to a Hoosiers' rushing attack that produced only 73 yards against Eastern Kentucky. Willis struggled in his collegiate debut, fumbling on his first carry and gaining just three yards on three rushes. Still, Indiana maintains high hopes for the redshirt freshman but will now turn to starter Demetrius McCray and reserves Bryan Payton and Trea Burgess to carry the rushing attack.
Getting Pagan on the field again certainly helps the offensive line, and freshman kicker Mitch Ewald is also off the injury report after missing much of preseason camp with an oblique injury.