Saturday, September 12, 2009
Big Ten game-day links
Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
It's judgment day for the Big Ten. Here are a few links to get you started.
- Terrelle Pryor vs. Matt Barkley: The Sporting News' Dave Curtis takes a look at who has the edge. Ohio State head coach Jim Tressel won't be defined by this game, Ken Gordon writes in The Columbus Dispatch. Three decades after he coached at Ohio State, Pete Carroll returns to Columbus, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer.
- SI.com's Stewart Mandel forecasts a bad weekend for the Big Ten.
- Michigan's Stevie Brown settles in at linebacker after moving over from safety, annarbor.com's Jeff Arnold writes. Michigan and Michigan State could bury Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis in the next two weeks, Drew Sharp writes in the Detroit Free Press. The Detroit News staff is split on Michigan-Notre Dame picks.
- Minnesota players recognize the importance of today's opener at TCF Bank Stadium, Kent Youngblood writes in the Star Tribune.
- As expected, Penn State linebacker Navorro Bowman (groin) will miss today's game against Syracuse, Ron Musselman writes in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. The Lions must contain Greg Paulus and Mike Williams today, Bob Flounders writes in The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News.
- Purdue running back Ralph Bolden was the talk of his hometown after a huge performance last week, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier.
- Without left tackle Bryan Bulaga, Iowa's offensive line needs to play together today, Marc Morehouse writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette.
- Most of these experts see Wisconsin winning today.