Wednesday, February 29, 2012
B1G combine results: defensive backs
By Adam Rittenberg
Apologies for posting this a little late, but the 2012 NFL combine wrapped up Tuesday with workouts for the defensive backs. Let's take a look at how the Big Ten contingent performed.
- Penn State's Chaz Powell tied for 12th in 40-yard dash (4.53 seconds); tied for 11th in bench press (17 repetitions of 225 pounds); tied for 10th in broad jump (10 feet, 1 inch); and ranked 12th in 3-cone drill (6.84 seconds).
- Nebraska's Alfonzo Dennard ranked 15th in 40-yard dash (4.55 seconds); tied for fourth in vertical jump (37 inches); and tied for 10th in broad jump (10 feet, 1 inch).
- Wisconsin's Antonio Fenelus tied for third in bench press (20 reps of 225 pounds); ranked 10th in 3-cone drill (6.8 seconds); and ranked 14th in 60-yard shuttle (11.79 seconds).
- Penn State's D'Anton Lynn tied for 11th in bench press (17 reps of 225 pounds).
- Michigan State's Trenton Robinson tied for second in 40-yard dash (4.52 seconds); tied for 14th in bench press (15 reps of 225 pounds); tied for seventh in vertical jump (35 inches); tied for fourth in broad jump (10 feet, 5 inches); and tied for fourth in 20-yard shuttle (4.15 seconds).
For more, be sure and check out our NFL combine blog.