Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Big Ten lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
If it's worth linking, it shows up here.
- Several Ohio State players are battling the flu, Ken Gordon writes in The Columbus Dispatch. Buckeyes quarterback Terrelle Pryor taught Wisconsin players some valuable lessons in last year's game, Tom Mulhern writes in the Wisconsin State Journal.
- Wisconsin linebacker and Ohio native Chris Borland never liked the Buckeyes and didn't mind being the odd man out, Jeff Potrykus writes in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Iowa has high praise for Michigan freshman quarterback Tate Forcier, Marc Morehouse writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette. Talented Hawkeyes wide receiver Derrell Johnson-Koulianos needs to get on track, Pat Harty writes in the Iowa City Press-Citizen.
- Illinois' quarterback change comes at the right time, Herb Gould writes in the Chicago Sun-Times.
- Purdue sixth-year senior safety Torri Williams can't live down his longevity, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier. Boilers coach Danny Hope is shuffling his practice plan again, Stacy Clardie writes in The Fort Wayne Journal Gazette.
- Indiana wide receiver Tandon Doss wants to provide a better life for his family, Dustin Dopirak writes in The (Bloomington) Herald-Times (subscription required).
- Tough news for Michigan State safety Roderick Jenrette, who will miss at least the rest of the regular season with a broken foot, Steve Grinczel writes in The Grand Rapids Press. Spartans quarterback Kirk Cousins might have to play through pain at Illinois, Eric Lacy writes in The Detroit News.
- Penn State star linebacker Sean Lee will miss his third straight game, Ron Musselman writes in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.