Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Big Ten lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
Follow me on Twitter during the Big Ten coaches teleconference, which begins right now.
- Iowa should be rooting hard for Oklahoma State this weekend, Andrew Logue writes in the Des Moines Register. The near consensus on Iowa's postseason destination is the Rose Bowl, Mike Hlas writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette.
- Penn State and Pitt likely won't meet in a bowl game, but it's fun to compare the two rivals, Bob Flounders writes in The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News.
- Michigan State's Mark Dantonio doesn't second-guess the decision to rush only three linemen down the stretch against Iowa, Chris Vannini writes in The State News.
- Former Indiana quarterback Kellen Lewis is in some trouble at his new school, Dustin Dopirak writes in The (Bloomington) Herald-Times (subscription required). A big blow to IU's recruiting class as Jibreel Black changes his commitment to Cincinnati, Terry Hutchens writes in The Indianapolis Star.
- Northwestern's banged-up secondary must "pick up the flag" this week, Teddy Greenstein writes in the Chicago Tribune.
- It doesn't say much, but here's the official notice of inquiry the NCAA sent to Michigan, courtesy of annarbor.com.
- It might be Blake Sorensen, not freshman sensation Chris Borland, who starts for Wisconsin in place of injured linebacker Mike Taylor, Tom Mulhern writes in the Wisconsin State Journal.