Friday, November 6, 2009
Big Ten lunch links
Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
This is what I do. I drop truth bombs.
- Iowa quarterback Ricky Stanzi likes vampires and Harry Potter, Marc Morehouse writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette.
- The college football world should open its mind to non-traditional powers doing big things, Mike Hlas writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette.
- Terrelle Pryor must channel his inner Todd Boeckman to beat Penn State, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer. The anti-Pryor T-shirts at Penn State have been recalled, Ron Musselman writes in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- Michigan State running back Larry Caper (concussion) practiced in full pads Thursday and should play a bit on Saturday, Shannon Shelton writes in the Detroit Free Press. Caper's dad starred for Western Michigan but will be rooting for his son at Spartan Stadium, Eric Lacy writes in The Detroit News.
- Despite a poor Big Ten record, Michigan will be in good shape for bowl selection if it wins one more game, annarbor.com's Dave Birkett writes. Tom Brady thinks Michigan's season can be salvaged with a win against Ohio State, Mark Synder writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- The Big Ten Network's Dave Revsine goes inside the numbers for Week 10.
- Running back Mikel LeShoure has sparked Illinois in his last two games, Shannon Ryan writes in the Chicago Tribune.