Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Braxton Miller a finalist for Manning Award
By Brian Bennett
Ohio State sophomore Braxton Miller has been named one of 10 finalists for the Manning Award, which goes to the nation's top quarterback.
Here's the bad news for Miller: this award takes candidates' bowl performances into account. Of course, he won't be able to add anything to his credentials since the Buckeyes are ineligible for the postseason.
The full list of finalists is as follows:
- Matt Barkley, Sr., Southern California
- Tajh Boyd, Jr., Clemson
- Collin Klein, Sr., Kansas State
- Jordan Lynch, Jr., Northern Illinois
- Johnny Manziel, Fr., Texas A&M
- Marcus Mariota, Fr., Oregon
- AJ McCarron, Jr., Alabama
- Braxton Miller, So., Ohio State
- Aaron Murray, Jr., Georgia
- Geno Smith, Sr., West Virginia
The winner of the award, named in honor of the Manning family, will be announced on Jan. 9. Miller probably won't win, but making the list of finalists is not bad for a guy named to the second-team All-Big Ten team by the league's coaches. I kid, I kid.