Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Big Ten lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
Follow me on Twitter during the final Big Ten coaches teleconference of the season, which begins right now.
- Losing has taken a major toll on Michigan head coach Rich Rodriguez, Rob Oller writes in The Columbus Dispatch. Rodriguez wasn't ready for all of the obstacles that came his way, Drew Sharp writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Ohio State players don't mind their throwback jerseys, but their change of shoes could pose problems, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer.
- Wisconsin's Bret Bielema took heat after the 2008 season, but now he's a candidate for Big Ten coach of the year, Mike Lucas writes in The Capital Times.
- In Northwestern's very limited history of success, the current senior class has reached new heights, Teddy Greenstein writes in the Chicago Tribune.
- Iowa wide receiver Trey Stross apologizes to fans on his Facebook page after struggling against Ohio State, Marc Morehouse writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette.
- There are some changes coming with Penn State's season-ticket structure, David Jones writes in The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News. An Outback Bowl matchup of Penn State vs. Tennessee would please The Sporting News' Dave Curtis.