Friday, November 20, 2009
Big Ten lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
Come on, Lemon. What do we elites do when we screw up? We pretend it never happened and give ourselves a giant bonus.
- Ohio State has won the Big Ten title, but the Buckeyes boast few legit all-conference candidates, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer. Justin Boren's transfer from Michigan to Ohio State still surprises his new teammates, Lesmerises writes.
- Rich Rodriguez doesn't think his job is in jeopardy, and Michigan fans wanting him out should be careful what they wish for, Mitch Albom writes in the Detroit Free Press. Things are messy in Ann Arbor right now, Joe Lapointe writes in The New York Times.
- Iowa linebacker Pat Angerer is one of a kind.
- Penn State players have some funny descriptions of the Land Grant Trophy, Bob Flounders writes in The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News. A lot of folks disagree, but the Centre Daily Times' Jeff Rice thinks Penn State met expectations this fall.
- Wisconsin tackle Josh Oglesby will undergo knee surgery soon and be out until the bowl game, Jeff Potrykus writes in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- ESPN's Lee Corso will be on hand in Bloomington as Indiana honors its 1979 team, Jeff Rabjohns writes in The Indianapolis Star.
- Very sad news from Columbus as the wife of former Ohio State star Chris Spielman has died of breast cancer.
- Tim Brewster has upgraded Minnesota's recruiting, but not enough of those players have become stars on the college level, Kent Youngblood writes in the Star Tribune.
- The Big Ten Network's Dave Revsine goes inside the numbers for Week 12.