Sunday, December 6, 2009
Big Ten helmet stickers: Week 14
By ESPN.com staff
Final round of these before the bowls.
- Wisconsin RB John Clay: The Big Ten's offensive player of the year rebounded nicely following his late fumble against Northwestern, bulldozing Hawaii for 172 rush yards and three touchdowns in a 51-10 victory. He finished the regular season with five consecutive 100-yard rushing performances.
- Wisconsin DE J.J. Watt: Watt led a ferocious Badgers defensive line with three tackles for loss, including two sacks, as Wisconsin's defense held Hawaii to only 214 yards.
- Wisconsin QB Scott Tolzien: The junior was the model of efficiency in Honolulu, completing 16 of 20 pass attempts for 253 yards in the blowout win. He spread the ball to seven different receivers.
- Wisconsin WR David Gilreath: It hasn't been an easy year for Gilreath, but he's finishing strong. He contributed Saturday with an 8-yard rushing touchdown and a 45-yard reception to set up a touchdown. His kickoff returns of 43 and 51 yards marked the team's longest this season.
- Illinois RB Mikel LeShoure: The sophomore stated his case to be the starter in 2010, rushing for a career-high 184 yards and two touchdowns on only 11 carries against Fresno State. LeShoure had the most rushing yards for an Illinois player since Rashard Mendenhall put up 201 against Minnesota in 2007.