Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Big Ten lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
Joe Flacco just threw another interception.
- The Chicago Tribune's Teddy Greenstein profiles the Big Ten's Silver Football finalists here and here and here. Three great reads.
- Michigan State police have wrapped up its investigation of a Nov. 22 fight at a residence hall and turned things over to local prosecutors, Ben Schmitt and Shawn Windsor write in the Detroit Free Press.
- Penn State's next Hall of Fame player might be the program's most gifted running back, Bob Flounders writes in The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News. Despite playing just once before, Penn State and LSU share a lot in common, Ron Musselman writes in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- Chris Spielman's Hall of Fame induction will be bittersweet, Ken Gordon writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- Minnesota is losing recruits, and Tim Brewster's contract status could play a role, Kent Youngblood writes in the Star Tribune.
- The FedEx Orange Bowl has an orange crush on Iowa, Ryan Suchomel writes in the Iowa City Press-Citizen.
- People are jumping ship at Illinois after another lousy season, Loren Tate writes in The (Champaign) News-Gazette.
- Chris Maragos and his Wisconsin teammates hope to make a statement in the Champs Sports Bowl, Jeff Potrykus writes in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.