Friday, October 17, 2008
Big Ten lunchtime links: Sherer likely to start for Badgers
By ESPN.com staff
Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
Read these links and magically get smarter.
Bielema described the quarterback situation this way:
"We made a directional move today and told our kids why we had to do it."
- Iowa's offensive line includes a poet, a married guy and ... a Beanie Baby collector? The Iowa Press-Citizen's Andy Hamilton examines a motley crew.
- Could Hawkeyes running back Shonn Greene be a decoy? If he helps the play-action pass, then absolutely, Eric Page writes in the Quad City Times.
- The Big Ten Network's Dave Revsine thinks Ohio State should go back to Todd Boeckman at quarterback.
- Former Michigan coach Lloyd Carr isn't commenting on the sorry state of the Wolverines, but he has plenty of praise for longtime colleague Joe Paterno, Ron Musselman writes in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Penn State's stellar season could let Paterno go out in style, Chris Dufresne writes in the Los Angeles Times.
- Ohio State tight end Rory Nicol certainly has a lot to say, and he recently called out the offensive line for their poor play, Tim May writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
"He said, 'I didn't get to play [the past two weeks because of an ankle sprain], but I'm still [mad]. You guys, you look like a bunch of girls out there, and that's the truth,' " senior left tackle Alex Boone recalled.
- Tailgaters, listen up. Northwestern defensive end Kevin Mims and his father started a company that can turn your vehicle into a tailgating paradise on Saturdays without losing its primary function the rest of the week, Jim O'Donnell writes in the Chicago Sun-Times.
- Penn State has plenty of reasons to pile it on Saturday against Michigan, Bernard Fernandez writes in the Philadelphia Daily News.