Friday, December 18, 2009
Big Ten lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
- Ohio State can take its first step toward a national title run next fall by winning the Rose Bowl, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer. Jim Cordle has done it all for the Buckeyes' offensive line, Ken Gordon writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- Minnesota athletic director Joel Maturi faces a big decision about head coach Tim Brewster's future, Jim Souhan writes in the Star Tribune. The Gophers hope recruit Devon Wright can spark their dormant rushing attack, Marcus Fuller writes in the (St. Paul) Pioneer Press.
- In a candid interview with The Sporting News' Dave Curtis, former Illinois wide receiver Arrelious Benn weighs in on the team's struggles this fall.Vic Koenning will be introduced today as Illinois' defensive coordinator, Bob Asmussen writes in The (Champaign) News-Gazette.
- Iowa's unsuccessful trip to the Orange Bowl in 2003 changed the way head coach Kirk Ferentz conducts postseason preparation, Mike Hlas writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette.
- Former Michigan cornerback Boubacar Cissoko still could return to the team, though he has some work left, Angelique Chengelis writes in The Detroit News.
- Junior college defensive back Andre Kates remains committed to Indiana, but he's looking around a bit, Dustin Dopirak writes in The (Bloomington) Herald-Times (subscription required).
- Connecticut should throw its hat in the Big Ten expansion ring, Jeff Jacobs writes in the Hartford Courant.