Friday, October 24, 2008
Big Ten lunchtime links: Is RichRod's recruiting helping Spartans?
Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
Happy Friday to all. I'll be heading to Columbus this afternoon for the big one Saturday night (ABC, 8 p.m. ET).
Time to study up.
- Rich Rodriguez is recruiting a specific type of player to Michigan, and he's not afraid to travel to find to him. While RichRod racks up frequent flier miles, Michigan State's Mark Dantonio continues to land home-grown talent, Michael Rosenberg writes in the Detroit Free Press.
"Rodriguez's approach might do wonders for U-M, but it is also helping Michigan State."
- Win or lose Saturday night, Ohio State likely will end up at the Rose Bowl, The Cleveland Plain Dealer's Doug Lesmerises writes in his blog. LeBron James is pulling for the Buckeyes against Penn State.
- Jim Tressel can learn how to beat Penn State from watching Michigan's first half last week in Happy Valley. The Nittany Lions, meanwhile, won't win in Columbus unless they let loose on offense, David Jones writes in The Patriot-News.
- The historical numbers don't favor Penn State in Saturday's matchup, the Big Ten Network's Dave Revsine writes in his blog.
- Wisconsin running back P.J. Hill (left leg) should play Saturday against Illinois, but he likely won't have two of his two top offensive linemen clearing a path, Jeff Potrykus writes in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Kory Sheets' comments might fire up Purdue, while Indiana quarterback Kellen Lewis likely will sit for the second straight week, Pete DiPrimio writes in The (Fort Wayne) News-Sentinel.