Monday, October 21, 2013
Big Ten lunch links
By Adam Rittenberg
Whipping around the Big Ten on a cold fall day.
- As history has shown, Ohio State's spot in the initial BCS standings isn't cause for concern, Doug Lesmerises writes.
- Michigan is best off letting QB Devin Gardner run wild on offense, Shawn Windsor writes.
- The Legends division is filled with flawed teams, Herb Gould writes.
- Minnesota will announce its starting quarterback on Tuesday, and coach Jerry Kill is expected to attend Saturday's game.
- A good take on Nebraska, polls, performance and prestige from Sam McKewon.
- The excuses must finally stop for Indiana's perennially porous defense, Pete DiPrimio writes.
- Iowa arrives at a definitive point of its season this week.
- Northwestern's problems go beyond a lack of execution, Chris Johnson writes.
- Despite another easy win, Wisconsin's defense is still falling victim to explosion plays.
- Michigan State's schedule is the gift that keeps on giving, Graham Couch writes. The Spartans are suddenly a Big Ten sleeper.
- Purdue is warming up to its 3-4 defensive set.