Friday, October 25, 2013
Big Ten lunchtime links
By Josh Moyer
A man should never have to give up his pet alligator.
- Northwestern CB Matthew Harris once survived on food stamps and church donations. Now, the freshman is making his family proud on the football field.
- Ohio State's offensive line has performed consistently well this season, and Urban Meyer said, "They're my favorite players on the team."
- Whether it's slinging pizzas at his part-time job or practicing on the football field, three-star PSU commit Antoine White is a perfectionist.
- Minnesota is dedicating Saturday's game to epilepsy awareness. Jerry Kill is expected to attend but remains on medical leave.
- Taylor Martinez will likely play this weekend, Nebraska coach Bo Pelini said, but the starter remains uncertain.
- Northwestern might be reeling right now, but Iowa RB Mark Weisman and the Hawkeyes' running game aren't taking the team for granted.
- The staff of the "Writing Illini" take a look at the most important players heading into the game against Michigan State. (Hint: You can bet Nathan Scheelhaase is mentioned.)
- Mike Griffith breaks down Michigan State's matchup against Illinois and, although the Spartans have the edge on defense, it's a bit trickier on the other side of the ball.
- Nebraska WR Jamal Turner admitted this year hasn't gone as he hoped -- but he swore he'd have a good second half to the season. And that starts against Minnesota.
- Who are the key players for Ohio State this weekend? Three experts picked three different players: CB Bradley Roby, DL Joey Bosa and TE Jeff Heuerman.