Thursday, November 21, 2013
Big Ten's lunch links
By Austin Ward
How can there only be two weeks left in the regular season? Can we file for an extension?
- Michigan State can impress off the field, too. The Spartans break down some of their dance moves after they were caught on camera celebrating the win over Nebraska.
- Brady Hoke defended his decision after coming up short on a late gamble last week before Michigan ultimately won its game vs. Northwestern.
- The run of success Minnesota has been on lately is building buzz from alumni, which could help sustain the program into the future.
- Wisconsin is dealing with some health concerns at center, which could be a problem as its offensive line tries to slow down Minnesota "freak" Ra'Shede Hageman.
- Senior day for Ohio State will provide an opportunity to pay tribute to an invaluable group of four veterans on the offensive line. It's also a reminder that it will soon have to replace them all.
- Once a "gangly gazelle," Sam Burtch has filled out his frame and is becoming an impact receiver for Nebraska.
- Iowa still has memories of what Devin Gardner did to its defense last season, and it has made an emphasis on avoiding a repeat performance against Michigan on Saturday.
- Indiana has been at its worst on the road and in bad weather, which might not be the best formula for visiting Ohio State late in the year.
- Pat Zerbe's dream to play at Penn State came true, and he will put the finishing touches on his career at home this weekend.
- Tim Beckman's back is to the wall, and there's already talk that the Illinois coach may need to beat Purdue to save his job.