Thursday, December 26, 2013
Big Ten lunch links
By Austin Ward
There are no more presents under the tree. Hopefully these links can fill the void.
- Michigan State will be without star linebacker Max Bullough after the program suspended the senior for the Rose Bowl, ending a decorated career and leaving a hole in the middle of the elite defense.
- Michigan left tackle Taylor Lewan defended himself against accusations that he attacked an Ohio State fan last month after a loss in The Game.
- Devin Gardner is still not practicing for the Wolverines, making it even more likely that Shane Morris will be the starting quarterback in the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl.
- Leading Minnesota to a surprising season was a team effort by the coaching staff, and Jerry Kill's wife, Rebecca, offers an insider's account of what was behind it all.
- Nebraska asks a lot of its nickelback, and a senior filling that role is in turn asking a lot of the younger players on the team around him as Ciante Evans sees his career wind down.
- After another successful year and with salaries going up around the country, Urban Meyer could be in line for a raise with Ohio State.
- Tampa Bay coach Greg Schiano denied a report that he had his eye on the Penn State job should Bill O'Brien decide to leave the program.
- Reggie Love made the tough decision to redshirt as a sophomore, and the Wisconsin wide receiver is expecting it to pay off down the road.
- The trip to Florida is a homecoming for Iowa quarterback Jake Rudock.
- Inside Northwestern takes a look into the future and speculates on if a true freshman could provide an instant lift for the Wildcats next season.