Monday, January 18, 2010
Big Ten lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
Happy MLK Day to all.
- Here's a great piece by the Chicago Tribune's Shannon Ryan about Arrelious Benn's older brother, Illinois recruit Trulon Henry, who is making the most of his second chance in football. Illinois' new running backs coach DeAndre Smith should boost the team's recruiting, Bob Asmussen writes in The (Champaign) News- Gazette.
- It looks like heralded quarterback recruit Devin Gardner will enroll early at Michigan after all, Mark Snyder writes in the Detroit Free Press. Wolverines coach Rich Rodriguez will take his time to hire a defensive assistant, annarbor.com's Dave Birkett writes.
- After a disappointing 2009, Michigan State will face higher expectations this coming season, Eric Lacy writes in The Detroit News.
- Joe Paterno won't be hitting the recruiting trail after all, as running back recruit Marcus Lattimore eliminated Penn State from consideration, Ron Musselman writes in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- Ohio State hopes to take its recruiting class from good to great in the coming weeks, Tim May writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- Minnesota AD Joel Maturi has some concerns about football staff stability if offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch bolts for the Seattle Seahawks, Marcus Fuller writes in the (St. Paul) Pioneer Press.
- Iowa's offensive backfield will be stacked with running backs in 2010, Marc Morehouse writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette.
- Purdue reportedly will host Eastern Michigan in 2012, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier.