Tuesday, February 4, 2014
Poll: Best Big Ten games of 2013
By Brian Bennett
Earlier today, we wrapped up our series looking at the 10 best games from the Big Ten in 2013.
We ranked the Ohio State-Michigan thriller No. 1, but some of you had different ideas. So now it's time to vote for what you think was the best Big Ten game of the 2013 season.
Here are the top five games from our list:
- Michigan State 34, Ohio State 24: The Spartans won the Big Ten championship game, clinched a Rose Bowl appearance and snapped Ohio State's 24-game winning streak while also ending the Buckeyes' national title quest.
- Nebraska 27, Northwestern 24: The ending is all most people will remember about this game, but what an ending. The Huskers won on Ron Kellogg III's Hail Mary touchdown pass to Jordan Westerkamp.
- Clemson 40, Ohio State 35: The Orange Bowl was full of momentum swings, turnovers and huge plays. There was never a dull moment.
- Michigan State 24, Stanford 20: The Spartans won their first Rose Bowl in 26 years by out-toughing Stanford, clinching the game on Kyler Elsworth's dramatic stop on fourth-and-1.
- Ohio State 42, Michigan 41: The Game was a crazy offensive shootout, marred early on by a fight and punctuated by the Wolverines' failed two-point try in the final minute.
Those are our top candidates for the title of best game of '13. Which one should win it? Vote now in our poll.