Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Big Ten lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
Who's the Kalin Lucas of Big Ten football? That guy is money down the stretch.
- New Minnesota offensive coordinator Jeff Horton signed a two-year contract worth $590,000, Kent Youngblood writes in the Star Tribune.
- Purdue wins the Bruce Gaston sweepstakes, ESPNChicago.com's Scott Powers writes.
- The Glenville High School-Ohio State pipeline is still alive, thanks to a commitment from cornerback Christian Bryant on Tuesday, Tim May writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- O'Brien Schofield's ill-timed knee injury won't stop him from pursuing an NFL career, Tom Oates writes in the Wisconsin State Journal.
- Illinois head coach Ron Zook isn't worried about 2010 being a make-or-break season, Rivals.com's Tom Dienhart writes.
- Ohio State and Wisconsin make The Sporting News' early top 10 for 2010, but Iowa gets left out.
- An interesting look back at Penn State's recruiting since 1984 from statecollege.com's Mike Poorman. Penn State adds its first defensive back recruit for the 2010 class, Bob Flounders writes in The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News.
- Daniel Murray remains the frontrunner at Iowa, but there could be a competition at kicker heading into 2010, Marc Morehouse writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette.