Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Big Ten lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
I tried to find links that wouldn't be "old news" by post time. Enjoy.
- Penn State could have a good problem at quarterback in 2010, Joe Juliano writes in the Philadelphia Inquirer.
- Ohio State's trustees will vote on whether to increase ticket prices at football games, The Columbus Dispatch reports. New Buckeyes quarterback Taylor Graham has overcome injuries and stayed positive, ESPNChicago.com's Scott Powers writes.
- Michigan's newest signees weigh in on what happened during the recruiting process, annarbor.com's Dave Birkett writes. Mike Hart would like to coach his alma mater some day, Nicholas Cotsonika writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- There's still a lot of mystery about the residence hall assault that put Michigan State players in hot water, Gene Myers and Shannon Shelton write in the Detroit Free Press.
- Wisconsin head coach Bret Bielema is building his reputation as a strong closer in recruiting, Tom Mulhern writes in the Wisconsin State Journal.
- Iowa took a faster, more aggressive approach toward recruiting and it paid off this year, Andy Hamilton writes in the Iowa City Press-Citizen.
- Northwestern's recruiting classes rarely earn high marks, but Pat Fitzgerald finds winners, Teddy Greenstein writes in the Chicago Tribune.
- Purdue players have benefited from enrolling early, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier.