Big Ten: Adam Geiger
First half in the books, 21-0-3. Light the lamp.
- Iowa will review the hiring procedures for coach Kirk Ferentz's future son-in-law, The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette reports.
- Michigan State in the Big Ten's "East" division? Athletic director Mark Hollis is interested. New Spartans offensive playcaller Dave Warner admits he was part of the problem last year. Hollis doesn't see Big Ten expansion on the horizon.
- Michigan needs a No. 3 receiver to emerge this spring. Former Wolverines star Tyrone Wheatley is thrilled his son might continue his legacy at Michigan.
- Marc Morehouse (smart guy, Blackhawks fan) agrees with me that the Holiday Bowl makes sense for the Big Ten.
- Wisconsin's Montee Ball delivers at the school's pro day with a good 40 time. Former Badgers assistant Jay Boulware says family reasons spurred his quick exit from Madison. Don't overlook Wisconsin in 2013.
- Stewart Mandel presents his Big Ten football primer.
- A slimmed-down Imani Cross gives Nebraska a new look at running back. Huskers safety Charles Jackson tackles the mental challenges of his position. Nebraska chancellor Harvey Perlman will chair the BCS presidential oversight committee.
- The chase is on for Ohio State this spring.
- Northwestern has a big recruiting weekend on tap.
- Penn State "run-on" Adam Geiger picked football over wrestling, but he's not quite ready to get off the mat.
- A quick look at Minnesota WR Derrick Engel. Former Minnesota athletic director Joel Maturi has been appointed to the NCAA's infractions committee.
- New Indiana assistant William Inge wants to see a "consistent, aggressive and violent" defense this season. Check out some highlights from Indiana's first few spring workouts.
- Purdue CB Josh Johnson reflects on his college career. Darrell Hazell officially completes his Boilers coaching staff -- for the second time.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Eastern Michigan 14 11 Michigan State 73 Final Western Illinois 7 Northwestern 24 Final Southern Illinois 13 Purdue 35 Final Bowling Green 17 19 Wisconsin 68 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Utah 26 Michigan 10 Final Rutgers 31 Navy 24 Final Massachusetts 7 Penn State 48 Final San Jose State 7 Minnesota 24 Final Texas State 35 Illinois 42 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27 Final Miami (FL) 31 24 Nebraska 41