Big Ten: Austin Vincent
- The Fiesta Bowl wanted to pick Iowa, but political reasons led to a TCU-Boise State matchup, Scott Dochterman writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette.
- Nebraska might be new to the Big Ten, but Penn State knows all about the Huskers, Ron Musselman writes in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. College football needs Joe Paterno for as long as he's willing to contribute, statecollege.com's Mike Poorman writes.
- Big Ten commish Jim Delany and Nebraska AD Tom Osborne are among the expansion winners, Matt Hayes and Dave Curtis write in Sporting News.
- Cornerback Delonte Hollowell is the latest player to make the move from Cass Tech to Michigan, annarbor.com's Dave Birkett writes. Michigan ranks 68th nationally, according to the Orlando Sentinel's Andrea Adelson.
- Michigan State actually ranks lower than its in-state rival at No. 69, Adelson writes.
- Speaking of countdowns, Illinois comes in at No. 84 nationally, according to Rivals.com. As the Missouri series goes on pause, Illinois will open the 2011 season against Arkansas State.
- Iowa looked to the Lone Star State for its latest verbal, receiver Austin Vincent, Andy Hamilton writes in the Iowa City Press-Citizen.
- The downward spiral of former Michigan cornerback Boubacar Cissoko continues, Gregg Krupa writes in The Detroit News.
- So far, quarterback Robert Marve is making the most of his second chance at Purdue, Rivals.com's Tom Dienhart writes. Bob Griese and Brian Griese hope to broadcast a game featuring their alma maters Purdue and Michigan, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier.
- The verbals keep rolling in for Indiana, which bolstered its offense on Tuesday, Dustin Dopirak writes in The (Bloomington) Herald-Times.
- The Big Ten Network hands out its 2009-10 awards, and Iowa-Ohio State football claimed best game.