Big Ten: Beano Cook
California dreamin' this weekend ...
- There's no draft for Oho State's spring game this year because of a shortage of offensive linemen, Tim May writes in The Columbus Dispatch. Forget about the score, but Ohio State's scrimmage will be informative, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer. Beano Cook weighs in on the Jim Tressel situation, Bob Hunter writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- Brady Hoke will make 15 stops around the country in May to visit with former Michigan players.
- There are parallels between Rob Bolden and Taran Buie, though Penn State fans hope Bolden's story has a different ending, Jeff Rice writes in the Centre Daily Times.
- Mark Dantonio discusses Michigan State's second jersey scrimmage. Spartans reserve quarterback Andrew Maxwell waits for his big moment, Matt Charboneau writes in The Detroit News. Former Michigan State star Lynn Chandnois passes away.
- One draft analyst thinks Illinois linebacker Martez Wilson could go in the first round, Bob Asmussen writes in The (Champaign) News-Gazette.
- Wisconsin receiver Kenzel Doe turns in a strong practice, Jeff Potrykus writes in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Sending the starters versus the starters in Wisconsin's spring game might not be the best approach, Michael Bleach writes in The Badger Herald.
- Nebraska adds to its running back depth with a former Alabama and Eastern Michigan player, HuskerIllustrated.com's Michael Bruntz writes. The Big Ten Network's Gerry DiNardo thinks the Nebraska "N" is classy, Steven M. Sipple writes in the Lincoln Journal Star.
- Want to spend Easter weekend with DJK? It can happen, Sean Keeler writes in The Des Moines Register.
- Jerry Kill wants Minnesota students to provide a "party, get-after-it atmosphere," Josh Katzenstein writes in the Minnesota Daily. The Gophers boast some depth at middle linebacker as Florida transfer Brendan Beal enters the mix, Phil Miller writes in the Star Tribune.
- Here's the second half of Jim Delany's interview with the Omaha World-Herald.