Big Ten: Bennie Coney
February, 15, 2011
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
February 13th, a magical night, where a 10 has the self-esteem of a 4 and the depraved enthusiasm of a 2.
- Michigan AD Dave Brandon says the school's alumni are happy with the Brady Hoke hire. Wolverines recruiting target Bennie Coney tries to rehab his image after a suspension, Kyle Warber writes.
- Thanks to Wisconsin's basketball team, J.J. Watt won a bet with Cameron Heyward, who had to wear this.
- Michigan State and Wisconsin are among the teams that could take a step back in 2011, Rivals.com's Olin Buchanan writes.
- Heralded Iowa offensive line recruit Jordan Walsh could play a key role early in his career, Marc Morehouse writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette.
- Jerry Kill hasn't coached a game for Minnesota but says it'll be his last job, Darren Wolfson writes.
- Joe Paterno's tie from his 400th win sells for more than $10K, Anita Modi writes in The Daily Collegian.
- Ohio State athletes in several sports know they're being targeted, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer. Former Ohio State QB Art Schlichter faces charges of stealing more than $1 million.
- Kevin Wilson meets with Indiana fans in Florida, Scott Clair writes in the Naples Daily News.
- Carolina Panthers secondary coach Mike Gillhamer is being mentioned as a candidate for Illinois' assistant coaching vacancy, GateHouse News Service's John Supinie writes.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/b1g