Big Ten: Corey
Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
The waiting is the hardest part.
- Nick Sheridan admits he's a forgotten man at Michigan, but he hasn't given up hope of winning the team's starting quarterback spot this fall, Angelique Chengelis writes in The Detroit News.
"I probably am a little bit of the forgotten guy and probably a lot of fans would like to forget about last season and who was associated with that," Sheridan said. "That's fine. I'm not bitter about that. I know what goes on here inside these walls [at Schembechler Hall]. I still feel like I'm in the competition. The best guy is going to play -- I'm at peace with that. Getting all the recognition or being proclaimed the favorite isn't important to me. It doesn't change how I'm going to prepare and compete."
- The (Champaign) News-Gazette's Bob Asmussen reveals his preseason depth chart for Illinois, which includes suspended defensive tackle Josh Brent alongside Corey Liuget.
- Northwestern head coach Pat Fitzgerald is, in a way, heading back to where things all began this weekend as he's enshrined in the College Football Hall of Fame, Al Lesar writes in the South Bend Tribune.
- Ohio State, Michigan and Wisconsin are among the schools open to letting heralded recruit Seantrel Henderson play both football and basketball, Jim Halley writes in USA Today.
- Colin Cole tops the list of Iowa's best defensive tackles during head coach Kirk Ferentz's tenure, The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette's Marc Morehouse writes in his blog. Mitch King comes in at No. 2.
- The state of Ohio is a hotbed for offensive line prospects in the 2010 recruiting class, Bill Kurelic writes.