Big Ten: Devin Gaulden
Big Ten fans: Please consider a donation to help former Northwestern player Nathan Shanks, an Illinois state trooper involved in a major auto accident while on duty earlier this month. Shanks suffered severe burns and several fractured bones and has significant medical expenses.
To the links ...
To the links ...
- Brady Hoke says sophomore Shane Morris isn't ready to be Michigan's QB -- not yet, at least. Hoke expects injured TE Jake Butt to return by Week 3 or Week 4.
- Wisconsin freshman Michael Deiter is working as the starting center right now because of injuries. Devin Gaulden enters the Badgers' CB mix after recovering from a knee injury.
- Unheralded Nebraska recruit LeRoy Alexander is in the mix for a starting safety spot this spring.
- A timetable for construction on Northwestern's lakefront facility is finally set. Pat Fitzgerald discusses the first half of Northwestern's spring.
- Minnesota's latest early enrollee QB, Dimonic Roden-McKinzy, is adjusting well so far.
- Purdue's Robert Gregory seems to have found a home at safety.
- Penn State must build more depth at offensive tackle this spring.
- Despite declining donations, Rutgers' athletic department hopes to become fully self-sufficient by 2022.
- A look at Iowa's tight ends and fullbacks headed into spring practice. Former Hawkeyes QB Cody Sokol lands at Louisiana Tech.
- Don't believe the rumors about Aaron Craft suiting up for Ohio State's football team.
- Departing Michigan State QB Andrew Maxwell prepares for the next level.
Hoops, hoops everywhere. Here's some football:
- Braxton Miller aims to get better in the meeting room.
- Fitz Toussaint and Thomas Gordon ran well at Michigan’s pro day. New offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier is connecting with recruits.
- Nebraska linebacker Trevor Roach is re-emerging as a leader, while senior guard Jake Cotton steps into a new role on the offensive line.
- Darqueze Dennard is out to be Michigan State’s first first-rounder in more than a decade:
- What to expect from the first spring practice of the James Franklin era at Penn State. Keys for a successful spring.
- Rutgers offers fans an opportunity to buy tickets in three-game mini-plans for its inaugural season in the Big Ten.
- A first look at Maryland uniforms that include the Big Ten logo. More trouble for Terps running back Wes Brown.
- Offensive tackle J.J. Prince learned from his first year as a contributor at Purdue.
- True freshman Michael Deiter is working with the No. 1 offensive line in his first semester at Wisconsin.
- Minnesota's battle at right tackle heats up with the emergence of Jonah Pirsig.
- Illinois gets creative with its offseason competitions.
- A breakdown of the Iowa wide receivers.
September, 21, 2011
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
I really enjoyed watching Zooey Deschanel for a half hour last night. (What's that, you say? She has a TV show?)
- Michigan State offensive coordinator Dan Roushar took the blame for the Spartans' poor offensive performance at Notre Dame. The defense has been solid but has had a few lapses. Mark Dantonio still plans to run the ball despite some major offensive line problems.
- Jerry Kill is now a role model, whether he wants the job or not. Gophers running back Lamonte Edwards will get a look with the linebackers this week.
- Nebraska is looking to tighten up its special teams, which have had their share of highlights already. Jared Crick's status is uncertain for the Wyoming game, while Alfonzo Dennard is getting closer to playing.
- Ohio State has a difficult decision to make at quarterback. Luke Fickell left three timeouts on the board at Miami but says he had a plan for them.
- Michigan's David Molk has been a little surly at times, but he's also been the center of strength for the offensive line. Everything is starting to click for Wolverines defensive end Craig Roh. Vincent Smith isn't too small to be a lead tailback, Al Borges says.
- Three freshmen running backs made a big impression last weekend for Purdue. The Boilers are leading the Big Ten in rushing.
- Wisconsin fullback Bradie Ewing has learned to do more with less. Injured cornerback Devin Gaulden aims to get back on the field in time for the Nebraska game.
- Penn State's offense has all kinds of problems. Did Joe Paterno drop some hints about the future of Penn State and the Big Ten?
- Illinois offensive tackle Corey Lewis may be nearing a return. Backyard two-a-days and two father figures helped rising star linebacker Jonathan Brown get where he is today.
- Kevin Wilson is committed to recruiting players in the state of Indiana.
- Iowa is preparing for a unique scheme from Louisiana Monroe. A pair of walk-ons made a difference in the Hawkeyes' kick coverage last week.