Big Ten: Doug Nessmeier
It wouldn't even take me a day to get this entire playbook down pat ...
- BTN conducts an anonymous player survey asking about the toughest venue, coach you'd most like to play for and more.
- For the Big Ten to continue to compete, analyst Gerry DiNardo believes recruiting rules need to change -- such as allowing juniors to have official visits.
- James Franklin is becoming the "perfect villain" for a Rutgers-Penn State rivalry. Nebraska coach Bo Pelini offers Rutgers advice on its first season in the Big Ten and says to make sure you have enough linemen in this conference.
- Huskers defensive coordinator John Papuchis believes in this Q&A the defense has the potential to be Nebraska's best of the past three seasons.
- Five things Ohio State fans should take away from media days.
- Wisconsin OT Rob Havenstein is "without a doubt the No.1 leader on our offense," according to head coach Gary Andersen.
- Coaches at Penn State and Pitt both say, in separate interviews, they'd like to play each other every season.
- Michigan State's Mark Dantonio is intrigued by an early signing period -- but he's also skeptical how it might work.
- Iowa's newest ticket promotion? Season tickets could net you two semesters of free tuition -- at least for five lucky students.
- Michigan coordinator Doug Nussmeier and quarterback Devin Gardner have developed a relationship "a great deal" the past seven months and expectations are high.
- Purdue offensive coordinator John Shoop discusses the Boilermakers' offense and the strides and improvements they've made.
This comment is a week late but needs to be said: Joey Chestnut is an American treasure.
- Indianapolis Colts QB Andrew Luck visited the Purdue campus for a youth camp and met with some of the current Boilermakers quarterbacks, one of whom admitted to taking a "selfie" with Luck in the background.
- Ohio State's group of linebackers might have been on the decline the past few seasons, but Urban Meyer is helping to rebuild this position by loading up on top-tier recruits.
- After three years of watching its offensive coordinator work game days from the coaches' booth, Michigan announced it will have Doug Nussmeier coaching from the sideline. MLive's Nick Baumgardner offers an inside look at the Wolverines.
- Nebraska's Ameer Abdullah will deliver the keynote speech at the Big Ten Kickoff Luncheon later this month.
- A look at James Franklin's top 22 tweets since arriving in Happy Valley. One Penn State commit arrived at The Opening with an interesting haircut.
- The "Ultimate Big Ten football road trip" and what games to check out, according to the Des Moines Register's Andrew Logue.
- Michigan State QB commit Brian Lewerke was "solid all week" at the Elite 11 and had the chance to work with the Spartans' Connor Cook. MSU grabbed a commitment from four-star RB L.J. Scott.
- Examining whether Melvin Gordon can do it all for Wisconsin this season and fill the void of departed No. 2 James White.
- Rutgers AD Julie Hermann discusses fundraising and facilities, including the possibility of creating an "athletes' village."
- How well do Rutgers and Maryland bloggers know their Big Ten culture and history? An Indiana Hoosiers blog finds out in a fun way.