Big Ten: Duane Purvis
Rough Monday for Ohio State.
- Wide receiver Duron Carter and defensive end Keith Wells won't be with the Buckeyes this year, while heralded running back recruit Rod Smith hasn't enrolled for the summer session, Ken Gordon and Tim May write in The Columbus Dispatch.
- Nebraska needs a top rival in the Big Ten, and Iowa, Penn State and Wisconsin are the top candidates, Brian Cristopherson writes in the Lincoln Journal Star. The Big Ten's academic standards shouldn't alter Nebraska's recruiting efforts, Jon Nyatawa writes in the Omaha World-Herald.
- The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette's Marc Morehouse takes you inside the infamous pink locker room at Kinnick Stadium.
- Indiana picks yet another commitment for 2011, this time from heralded cornerback prospect Raymon Taylor, Dustin Dopirak writes in The (Bloomington) Herald-Times (subscription required).
- Former Michigan recruit Demar Dorsey should be a good fit at Louisville with Charlie Strong, colleague Brian Bennett writes.
- Former Penn State linebacker Trey Bauer recalls his days in Happy Valley, Steve Adamek writes in The (Bergen) Record.
- Purdue fans can thank former star Duane Purvis for the peanut butter burger in West Lafayette, Page 2's Matt Lindner writes. Former Boilermakers quarterback Najee Tyler lands at Youngstown State, Joe Scalzo writes in The (Youngstown) Vindicator.