Big Ten: Ed Thomas Iowa Hawkeyes
June, 24, 2009
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
- The links begin with a tragic story from Iowa, as prominent high school coach Ed Thomas was killed in a shooting this morning. Thomas coached several former Iowa Hawkeyes players, and head coach Kirk Ferentz and the Iowa team went to help Thomas' school following a devastating tornado last May.
- Sticking with Iowa, tight end Anthony Schiavone reportedly has left the team after enrolling early this spring.
- Wisconsin's recruiting seems to be picking up as tackle Jake Irwin became the latest commitment for the Badgers, Dennis Semrau writes in The Capital Times.
- Ohio State's latest quarterback recruit serves as proof the team isn't married to a particular system, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer.
"I just wanted to know if they were committed to running a pro-style system that I ran, and they said they were," Taylor Graham said Tuesday. "I understand that I'm going to have to run. I understand that, and I'll do whatever it takes to get the first down. But I don't think my talents are best suited running the option. I think I'm a good drop-back quarterback."
- Trying to walk onto the Ohio State football team is hardly the biggest challenge Darryl Wood has faced, Mike Harden writes in The Columbus Dispatch. Former Butkus Award winner Andy Katzenmoyer is one of the newest members to be inducted into Ohio State's Athletics Hall of Fame.
- Former Illinois cornerback Vontae Davis disputes a report that he was arrested June 9 in Champaign, saying he fell victim to identity theft, David Neal writes in the Miami Herald.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/b1g