Big Ten: Garrett Sickels
I love my 2014 class of PSU ....we have that brothers connection and we didn't even enroll to PSU yet— Marcus Allen (@Chico_Ehhh) January 2, 2014
If it wasn't for Coach OB I probably wouldn't be playing football anymore, I wish him the best in the NFL.— Devin Pryor #16 (@D_Pryor16) January 1, 2014
We all we got! No reason to panic or jump ship! Doesn't matter the system nor the coach...players win games period— Bill Belton (@W3BII) January 1, 2014
No matter what happens football games will be played and won by the Nittany Lions love all my brothers we will stick together #WeAre— Hunter Crafford (@Craf_FordTough) January 1, 2014
Never worry about the things you can't control— Malik Golden (@_goldenboy6) January 1, 2014
A man's gotta do what a man has GOT TO DO. It's life baby !— Stephen Obeng-Agy... (@BigBENGTheory7) January 1, 2014
New Year, New Head Coach I suppose— DaeSean Hamilton (@SkeeterMills__) January 1, 2014
Bout to be the best year for me yet and bout to be the best year for Penn State #WeAre— carter Henderson (@hendydo_42) January 1, 2014
I hope I have another chance to play under Coach O'B. I love the guy, I appreciate everything he's done for me. I couldn't be more thankful.— Jesse James (@JJames18_) January 1, 2014
Good luck to Coach O'Brien and his family. Made a tremendous impact on my life and many others during his time at Penn State.— Ty Howle (@THowle60) January 1, 2014
Best of luck to the O'Brien family and to the lucky man that gets to coach this prestige organization... I can't wait to meet you— Troy Stivason (@teejaystives) January 1, 2014
To all of the Penn State family: Penn State is and will always be about more than any one man. WE ARE everything we have always been— Derek Dowrey (@doubleDowrey) January 1, 2014
Coach O'Brien was a great mentor, coach and father figure but every coach has the aspirations to coach in the NFL. glad coach can chase his.— Brian Gaia (@that_gaia) January 1, 2014
Gotta keep on movin forward people that's all we can do #yafeelme— Austin Johnson (@AJohn15) January 1, 2014
One thing OB taught me is that this is a business, and u should do what's best for you.Texans are getting a good coach, I wish him the best— Deion Barnes (@DBarnes_18) January 1, 2014
Coach O'brien is a great coach and great person! Proud to have called him my coach. It was his dream to coach in the NFL, best of luck. #PSU— Mike Hull (@m_hull4943) January 1, 2014
I'll love Coach Obrien forever. He will always be apart of Penn State. One of the greatest men I've ever known. #PennStateForever— Miles Dieffenbach (@Curiousjorge65) January 1, 2014
Fight on. We still are and forever will be.— Garrett Sickels (@Sickels_90) January 1, 2014
Time to move on Penn State! We will find the right man for the job. BOB did plenty for us. Time for a true Blue and White bleeder! #WeAre— OJ McDuffie (@ojmcduffie81) January 1, 2014
- Marcus Coker is looking for a fresh start at Stony Brook.
- Former Kansas quarterback Jordan Webb, who would be immediately eligible, is looking for a new school and says he plans to visit Wisconsin next month.
- Ryan Van Bergen and other Michigan players showed off at pro day. Brady Hoke gets the Q&A treatment from the Orlando Sentinel. A look at the Wolverines' special teams heading into spring practice.
- You can expect a lot of shuffling on the Minnesota offensive line this spring. Jerry Kill is optimistic the Gophers will improve this season.
- Nebraska's Alonzo Whaley, the top candidate to replace Lavonte David, has fought through some adversity to get to this point. Fullback is back as an important position for the Huskers, and transfer Mike Marrow is a candidate to see time there.
- There's word in this Bob Hunter column that longtime former Ohio State assistant coach Jim Heacock has retired.
- A poll shows that a majority of Pennsylvanians favor renaming Penn State's Beaver Stadium after Joe Paterno. Defensive end recruit Garrett Sickels talks about picking the Nittany Lions.
- Kyle Prater got a university waiver to participate in Northwestern's spring practice.
- Illinois picked up an offensive lineman for the 2013 class.
- Nebraska players are starting to take ownership of the team, a process that began right after the Capital One Bowl loss. Taylor Martinez is using the offseason to address some of the deficiencies in his game. Bo Pelini doesn't want a bunch of yes men on his staff.
- Purdue has a whole bunch of healthy quarterbacks for once, and they're ready for the competition -- although Sean Robinson has moved to linebacker this spring. Some news and notes from the Boilers' first practice.
- The commitment of Mike McCray to Michigan could cause a domino effect among linebacker prospects the Wolverines are interested in. The Michigan compliance department got involved when Roy Roundtree tweeted McCray.
- Michigan State is expecting record season ticket sales this season, so much so that there might not be single-game tickets available. Andrew Maxwell is ready for his turn as the Spartans quarterback.
- Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald does not support a proposal to make seven wins mandatory to play in a bowl and hopes the Big Ten doesn't vote for it.
- Kirk Ferentz made good decisions in hiring Greg Davis and Brian Ferentz, Pat Harty writes.
- Recruit Garrett Sickels called committing to Penn State a "no-brainer" despite the Sandusky scandal. The Nittany Lions are hoping to land Adam Breneman and Ryan Switzer, who look like perfect fits for Bill O'Brien's offense.
- Illinois players who were "All In" during winter conditioning were rewarded with a steak dinner, while Tim Beckman had to eat porridge. Whitney Mercilus writes a draft diary for the Chicago Tribune.
- Seth Littrell is making a smooth transition into the role of Indiana's offensive coordinator (subscription required).