Big Ten: Glenn Dorsey
Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
Penn State linebacker Sean Lee leads a group of five Big Ten defenders named today to the 2009 Lott Trophy watch list. The Lott Trophy, won by Ohio State linebacker James Laurinaitis last year, is given to the defensive IMPACT player of the year, who reflects integrity, maturity, performance, academics, community and tenacity.
The five Big Ten nominees are:
- Penn State senior linebacker Sean Lee
- Michigan senior defensive end Brandon Graham
- Northwestern senior defensive end Corey Wootton
- Michigan State junior linebacker Greg Jones
- Iowa senior linebacker Pat Angerer
- Ohio State senior safety Kurt Coleman
There are 14 repeat nominees this year, including 2008 semifinalist Eric Berry of Tennessee, the reigning SEC Defensive Player of the Year.
Recent winners include LSU's Glenn Dorsey and Cal's Daymeion Hughes. This year's winner will be announced Dec. 13 at a ceremony in Newport Beach, Calif.