Big Ten: helmet-stickers-092411
September, 24, 2011
Time to honor the top performers from around the Big Ten in Week 4:
- Iowa QB James Vandenberg: Last week's Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week had another big game against Louisiana Monroe. He completed 21-of-32 passes for 273 yards and three touchdowns and ran for another score in a 45-17 victory.
- Nebraska RB Rex Burkhead: Burkhead has been the steadying force for Nebraska's offense this season. After a solid performance last week against Washington, Burkhead went off against Wyoming for 170 rush yards and two touchdowns on only 15 carries in a 38-14 victory. Along with QB Taylor Martinez, Burkhead sparks Nebraska's potent rushing attack.
- Michigan DE Craig Roh: Bigger and seemingly better, Roh helped Michigan produce its best defensive performance of the season in a 28-7 win over San Diego State. He recorded two tackles for loss, a sack and a forced fumble as the Wolverines' front seven held San Diego State in check and limited the Aztecs to one touchdown. Fellow defensive end Ryan Van Bergen and linebacker Jake Ryan also merit mentions.
- Wisconsin WR Nick Toon: Badgers quarterback Russell Wilson has grown roots in this space, but this week we're going to honor Wilson's favorite target during a 59-10 win over South Dakota. The senior continued his bounce-back season with seven catches for 155 yards and two touchdowns. Just another weapon for the Wisconsin offense.
- Illinois RBs Troy Pollard and Donovonn Young: With the Illini in a thriller against Western Michigan, their two backup running backs provided a big spark. Pollard, a senior, ran for 133 yards on 14 carries, while the freshman Young chipped in 100 yards on just 12 attempts in the 23-20 win.