Big Ten: Jake Ryab
October, 16, 2012
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Debate these links, town hall-style ...
- The next Nebraska-Northwestern game in the Chicago area could take place at Wrigley Field or Soldier Field, Tom Shatel writes. Bo Pelini wants an angry Huskers team this week at Northwestern. Nebraska hopes a hard look in the mirror pays off.
- Doug Lesmerises examines where Ohio State would rank in the BCS standings if eligible. Ohio State defensive coordinator Luke Fickell puts more pressure on himself than the outside world could. Big Brother (Urban Meyer) is watching Ohio State's defense this week.
- Ken Thompson writes that Danny Hope is running out of time at Purdue. The Boilers add a linebacker to their 2013 class.
- Joe Rexrode has a good piece on a different side of Michigan State DE William Gholston. The Michigan State-Michigan rivalry fires up Spartans coach Mark Dantonio. Michigan State's season soon could spiral out of control.
- Minnesota shouldn't have paid $800,000 to avoid a home-and-home series with North Carolina, Chip Scoggins writes. The Gophers aren't the only team honoring the late Gary Tinsley.
- Michigan's Denard Robinson is still trying to solve Michigan State's defense. Wolverines LB Jake Ryan sticks to his own style of play. Michigan coach Brady Hoke and safety Jordan Kovacs reflect on the "Clock Game."
- Montee Ball's big game at Purdue stemmed from his yards after contact. Despite some early struggles, Wisconsin offensive coordinator Matt Canada stuck to his plan. The pros of scheduling Alabama outweigh the cons for Wisconsin, Andy Baggot writes.
- Penn State visits its personal house of horrors (Kinnick Stadium) on Saturday. File this under not surprising: Penn State isn't renewing Tim Curley's contract as AD.
- Northwestern prepares for Nebraska with ... nap time? The Huskers definitely have gotten Northwestern's attention.
- A look at Iowa's depth chart, which includes no Mark Weisman. Iowa loses a recruit for the 2013 class. The Hawkeyes' passing numbers are, uh, not good.
- Tim Beckman still will get time to get things right at Illinois, but his grace period has been shortened, Herb Gould writes. The Illini hope to regroup in their open week.
- Tom Dienhart runs through his latest Big Ten bowl projections.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/b1g