Big Ten: Jamie Van Fleet
If Corey Crawford were writing these, they'd be called lunch leaks. Brutal.
- Penn State has fired assistant AD Mark Sherburne, according to the Centre Daily Times.
- MarQueis Gray knows he was horrible at the start of last season, but the Minnesota quarterback has grown up both on and off the field. The Gophers have plenty of questions to address in their spring game.
- Wisconsin coach Bret Bielema talks coaching turnover, expectations and married life in this Q&A with Tom Dienhart. Badgers offensive lineman Ryan Groy helped recruit Danny O'Brien to Mad-city.
- Penn State has started the healing process on the recruiting trail. Stefanie Loh wonders what if Joe Paterno had retired after the 2009 Rose Bowl. Some bad news for the Lions as linebacker Jamie Van Fleet reportedly suffered an ACL tear.
- The offense wins Michigan State's second spring scrimmage, thanks in part to running back Larry Caper. Keith Mumphrey is emerging as a weapon at receiver for Michigan State. BTN's Gerry DiNardo talks about why he thinks MSU is the team to beat.
- The Scarlet team looks like the favorite in Ohio State's spring game. Urban Meyer says the questions about his health are "old news." The NFL Network reports former Buckeyes tackle Mike Adams tested positive for marijuana at the combine.
- Michigan isn't sending its marching band to the opener at Jerry World, citing travel costs. Ricky Barnum has adjusted to playing center this spring, but Michigan's offensive line still must improve as a group. Former Michigan star David Molk says his height is the only thing holding him back in draft evaluations.
- Iowa defensive lineman Dominic Alvis expects to be full speed by June following an ACL injury.
- Illinois coach Tim Beckman tries to spur the Illini-Northwestern rivalry.
- Freshman defensive end Deonte Gibson stood out for Northwestern this spring.