Big Ten: Jerry Krall
September, 28, 2010
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
I'll be tweeting throughout the Big Ten coaches' teleconference, which begins right now.
- Northwestern's academics, Penn State's uniforms and Ohio Stadium make colleague Mark Schlabach's list of how to build the best college football program. The Big Ten is looking like a quarterback's league, Loren Tate writes in The (Champaign) News-Gazette.
- Penn State's Evan Royster is back to his old playing weight, but adjusting to a new role, Jared Shanker writes in The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News.
- Michigan's passing accuracy could be attributed to the quarterbacks practicing with their eyes closed this summer, Mark Snyder writes in the Detroit Free Press. Wolverines offensive lineman Taylor Lewan is a real character, Angelique Chengelis writes in The Detroit News. Former Michigan coach Lloyd Carr wants a modified playoff in college football, Mike Tankersley writes in the Montgomery Advertiser.
- If Minnesota makes a coaching change, Tony Dungy will be the first man called, Charley Walters writes in the (St. Paul) Pioneer Press.
- Wisconsin is getting healthy as Big Ten play looms, Jeff Potrykus writes in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. The Badgers and Michigan State share several similarities, Tom Mulhern writes in the Wisconsin State Journal.
- Offensive coordinator Don Treadwell and Michigan State forge ahead as they await word on head coach Mark Dantonio's status, Shannon Shelton writes in the Detroit Free Press. The Spartans' defense will determine whether or not they can join the Big Ten's lead pack, Joe Rexrode writes in the Lansing State Journal.
- Ohio State's best plan at running back remains a rotation of players, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer. Terrelle Pryor's historic performance in Week 4 helps us remember what Jerry Krall did more than 50 years ago, Bob Hunter writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- Iowa's recent success has translated to the recruiting trail, Andy Hamilton writes in the Iowa City Press-Citizen.
- Indiana's tight ends add to an already impressive receiving corps, LaMond Pope writes in The Fort Wayne Journal Gazette. The Hoosiers downplay the revenge factor heading into the Michigan game, Dustin Dopirak writes in The (Bloomington) Herald-Times (subscription required).
- Despite Minnesota's 1-3 record, Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald has high praise for Brew's crew, Teddy Greenstein writes in the Chicago Tribune.
- Illinois coach Ron Zook sounds off on several topics after the bye week.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
7:01 4th Qtr Indiana State 10 Indiana 21 1:45 4th Qtr Western Michigan 34 Purdue 43 13:31 1st Qtr California 0 Northwestern 0 3:30 PM ET Florida Atlantic 22 Nebraska 3:30 PM ET James Madison Maryland
9:00 PM ET 14 Wisconsin 13 LSU Final Penn State 26 UCF 24 Final Youngstown State 17 Illinois 28 Final Northern Iowa 23 Iowa 31 Final Appalachian State 14 Michigan 52 Final 5 Ohio State 34 Navy 17
Final Eastern Illinois 20 Minnesota 42 Final Rutgers 41 Washington State 38